Jim just called – no results until Monday. There are two additional differential possibilities and the pathologist at Sloan (Jim says this is the best Pathologist in the country, or in the world, or something) needs to do more tests.
I do want to say that…
- the doctors are communicating with us constantly about the results (or lack thereof). They are not making us wait in a room day after day hoping the next person to walk in will have all the answers. They check in with us regularly to let us know if something is going to be delayed, then they tell us immediately if there is a delay and why. So, my frustration is more from the waiting than because of anything lacking I see with the hospital and…
- Ana is in good hands. I just had a conversation with someone who said that my worry is leaving her with lots of worry and concerns about the care she’s getting. She’s picturing Ana wasting away, growing sicker, in constant jeapardy. This is not the case – though her weight is going down, but we’re watching it very closely. There are many, MANY amazing doctors who are watching Ana very closely and are constantly talking to Jim and I about her care. There’s a nutritionist on staff who is working with us on her nutrition on a near daily basis. Her oncologist is on top of this as well. No one is going to let her starve.
I apologize for causing you all additional anxiety.
I am a mother. I am Jewish (nonpracticing, but still) and I am a worrier. But, bottom line, I believe Ana is in a safe place getting amazing care and she will be okay until we can finally get this diagnosis. We absolutely want Ana to be correctly diagnosed so while this waiting is excruciating, we believe it’s important to let the experts be experts. It doesn’t mean I won’t bitch and moan though. Hugs and love to you all.