Ana did great with the MRI. She was awake when I went back into the recovery area and a bit grumpy with a sore throat (she had to be intubated). She was there about an hour then we went up to room where the needles were waiting (her daily blood draw and dose of Lovanox for the thrombosis.) So, that was no fun since she was already feeling washed out and ill from the anesthesia.
We both somehow managed to take a shower after that and once Ana was bathed and dressed her mood drastically changed. She just felt a lot better. We even took a walk around the floor and ended up at the Child Life office looking at DVDs (it’s a pitiful collection – but she found enough stuff to keep her interested).
Dr. Hochberg (attending pediatric oncologist)found us there and informed me that the MRI results would likely be available tomorrow. She also confirmed that the biopsy results were inconclusive and they sent them out to a liver specialist, but Ana will definitely need a bigger biopsy next week. Yet another surgery. The liver surgeons are supposed to come see me at some point tonight and let me know what to expect.
Meanwhile, Jim is home with Emily and it seems like nothing monumental is going to happen until next week. I’m going to stay with Ana until Sunday at which point Jim will relieve me and I’ll spend a day or so at home. Ana’s got visitors coming tonight, tomorrow and Sunday which is great. This always cheers her up. She hasn’t been outside since Saturday and I’d like to get a wheelchair and take her outside either tonight when her friends get here, or tomorrow. She can walk, but she’s a little weak and I just want to wheel her down so she can walk around when we get downstairs.